Scallops and bacon with spring onion mash
- August 2008
- 400g chopped potatoes
- Finely chopped spring onions
- 4 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 10 scallops
- Chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, to squeeze over
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender, then drain, mash and mix in a knob of butter and the spring onions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan and add a large knob of butter and a dash of oil. Add the streaky bacon. Cook until crisp.
- Remove, reheat the pan, add the scallops and cook over a high heat for 1 minute each side.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh flatleaf parsley. Scatter with the bacon, serve with the mash and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Treat yourself to some good-quality Bordeaux white.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fennel and mascarpone risotto with scallops and prosciutto
This luxurious risotto recipe works well as an indulgent supper...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter