Scallops and bacon with spring onion mash
- August 2008
- Serves 2
This sumptuous scallop dinner, served with creamy mashed potatoes, looks impressive and tastes divine but is deceptively simple to make – it needs just four main ingredients.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 400g chopped potatoes
- Finely chopped spring onions
- 4 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 10 scallops
- Chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, to squeeze over
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until tender, then drain, mash and mix in a knob of butter and the spring onions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan and add a large knob of butter and a dash of oil. Add the streaky bacon. Cook until crisp.
- Remove, reheat the pan, add the scallops and cook over a high heat for 1 minute each side.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh flatleaf parsley. Scatter with the bacon, serve with the mash and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Treat yourself to some good-quality Bordeaux white.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fennel and mascarpone risotto with scallops and prosciutto
This luxurious risotto recipe works well as an indulgent supper or as a dinner party...