Sesame salmon noodles
- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, about 10 minutes to cook, plus marinating
This Asian-style salmon recipe is good enough to serve at a dinner party but why save it for a special occasion?
- 27.6g (4.4g saturated)
- 24.8g (5.8g sugar)
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 250g pack ramen or udon noodle
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 125g mangetout
- 200g Oriental mushrooms (enoki or shiitake)
- A splash each of rice vinegar and soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Put the salmon fillets in a bowl with the teriyaki sauce, honey, 1 tbsp sesame oil and lime zest. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to pack instructions, then drain.
- Finely slice the spring onions, chilli, mangetout and Oriental mushrooms. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a wok and fry the sliced veg for a few minutes, then add a splash each of rice vinegar and soy sauce, and the cooked noodles. Set aside, covered.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Coat the salmon in sesame seeds and pan-fry for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked. Remove the salmon from the pan and keep warm. Bring the remaining marinade to the boil in the frying pan. Simmer for 1 minute, then pour over the noodles. Divide between plates and top with the salmon.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Peanut, sesame and ginger noodles with wild Alaskan salmon
A quick and easy salmon recipe, served with peanut and sesame noodles is big on...