Sesame salmon noodles
- April 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, about 10 minutes to cook, plus marinating
This Asian-style salmon recipe is good enough to serve at a dinner party but why save it for a special occasion?
- 27.6g (4.4g saturated)
- 24.8g (5.8g sugar)
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 250g pack ramen or udon noodle
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 125g mangetout
- 200g Oriental mushrooms (enoki or shiitake)
- A splash each of rice vinegar and soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Put the salmon fillets in a bowl with the teriyaki sauce, honey, 1 tbsp sesame oil and lime zest. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to pack instructions, then drain.
- Finely slice the spring onions, chilli, mangetout and Oriental mushrooms. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a wok and fry the sliced veg for a few minutes, then add a splash each of rice vinegar and soy sauce, and the cooked noodles. Set aside, covered.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Coat the salmon in sesame seeds and pan-fry for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked. Remove the salmon from the pan and keep warm. Bring the remaining marinade to the boil in the frying pan. Simmer for 1 minute, then pour over the noodles. Divide between plates and top with the salmon.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Peanut, sesame and ginger noodles with wild Alaskan salmon
A quick and easy salmon recipe, served with peanut and sesame noodles is big on...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...