Easy pan-seared teriyaki salmon stir-fry
- December 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
A quick and nutritionally packed gluten free stir-fry recipe with bags of teriyaki and aromatic flavour.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 30.6g (5.5g saturated)
- 13.2g (11.2g sugars)
- 4 tbsp gluten-free teriyaki sauce (from Kikkoman)
- Finely grated zest and juice 2 limes
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 4 sustainably sourced salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 carrots, sliced into thin ‘laces’
- 200g seasonal greens, chopped coarsely
- Large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Mix the teriyaki sauce, lime juice, zest of 1½ limes and the soy sauce in a small bowl. Put the salmon in a shallow dish, pour over the teriyaki mixture and leave for 5 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the chilli, ginger and carrots, fry for 1 minute, then push them to the side of the pan and add the salmon fillets skin-side down (reserving the marinade). Cook for 5 minutes, gently turn over the fillets and cook for 5 minutes more, reducing the heat if they start to burn. Remove the salmon from the pan, peel off the skin (discard), flake the fish into pieces and set aside.
- Keep stirring the carrots, then add the seasonal greens with a splash of water and the leftover marinade. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the greens wilt, then stir through the coriander and flaked salmon. Season to taste. Serve with the remaining lime juice and zest.
Rate & review