Shredded pork pittas with crumbled feta and coriander
- August 2012
- 450g Waitrose Slow Cooked Pork Belly
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Small handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 50g ready-cubed feta
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the pork belly on a baking tray and cook for 35-40 minutes until piping hot. Remove from the oven and carefully take the skin off the meat.
- Preheat the grill to high and pop the skin under for 1-2 minutes until crisp. Once the pork has cooled slightly, shred into bite-size pieces using two forks, then transfer to a bowl. Roughly chop the crackling and add to the bowl. A
- dd the fennel seeds, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley and feta, season to taste, then mix and set aside. Warm the pittas in a toaster or under the grill until hot and softened.
- Split them, fill with the pork mixture and a few rocket leaves, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spicy pork meatball pittas with harissa mayo and sweet potatoes
These spicy pork meatballs in pittas are perfect finger food and they can also be...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...