Shredded pork pittas with crumbled feta and coriander
- August 2012
- 450g Waitrose Slow Cooked Pork Belly
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Small handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 50g ready-cubed feta
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the pork belly on a baking tray and cook for 35-40 minutes until piping hot. Remove from the oven and carefully take the skin off the meat.
- Preheat the grill to high and pop the skin under for 1-2 minutes until crisp. Once the pork has cooled slightly, shred into bite-size pieces using two forks, then transfer to a bowl. Roughly chop the crackling and add to the bowl. A
- dd the fennel seeds, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley and feta, season to taste, then mix and set aside. Warm the pittas in a toaster or under the grill until hot and softened.
- Split them, fill with the pork mixture and a few rocket leaves, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spicy pork meatball pittas with harissa mayo and sweet potatoes
These spicy pork meatballs in pittas are perfect finger food and they can also be...