Smoked garlic and melted mozzarella bread
- April 2010
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 min to make, 10 min to cook
These simple, colourful vegetarian canapés are a cinch to make.
- 22.1g (12.8g)
- 25.3g (4.5g sugar)
- 1 medium baguette, thickly sliced
- 125g smoked garlic butter (from Waitrose) or garlic butter
- 2 x 125g small buffalo mozzarella balls, drained and sliced
- 240g semi-dried tomatoes, drained
- Small fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet, place under the grill and toast for 1-2 minutes each side until lightly golden.
- Spread the toasted baguette slices generously with garlic butter, top with slices of mozzarella, semi-dried tomatoes and grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden. Scatter with small basil leaves before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Christmas starter recipes
Pickled pear, caramelised pecan and stilton tartlets
These pear, caramelised pecan and stilton tartlets are made using ready-rolled puff pastry. They are...