Sourdough toast, mint adjika, labneh and plums
- September 2017
- Serves 4 as a snack or canapé
- Hands-on time 15 min
Olia Hercules’ sourdough toast recipe uses ripe plums, labneh and mint adjika to create a vegetarian starter that’s fit for any dinner party. Pair with a sparkling rosé for snacking perfection.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 6.3g (1.9g saturated)
- 23.2g (4.4g sugars)
- 1 bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs to garnish)
- 1 medium-hot green chilli, roughly chopped
- ½ a garlic bulb
- 1 heaped tsp Maldon sea salt
- 10-20ml rapeseed oil, plus more to drizzle
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- A little mint adjika
- 4 tbsp labneh (or strained greek yogurt)
- 2-3 ripe plums, sliced
- Pop the mint, chill and peeled garlic cloves into a powerful food processor with the sea salt. With the motor running, trickle in the oil and whizz it just enough to blend it properly into a fine paste.
- Toast the sourdough bread (once toasted, cut them into smaller pieces if serving as a canapé). Brush a little mint adjika over each piece of toast and top generously with labneh and slices of plum. Scatter over the reserved mint sprigs and drizzle over a little more oil to serve.
Mint adjika is intensely minty, spicy and salty; only a tiny little brush will give your food a strong yet subtle flavour boost.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...