Toffee apple trifle
- February 2009
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 10 minutes to cook
This delectable toffee apple trifle recipe makes a quick and easy dessert. It takes just 20 minutes to make and is made using storecupboard and fridge staples.
We’ve got 20+ more trifle recipes to choose from – there’s bound to be a flavour combination that hits the spot.
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 70g caster sugar
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 6 tbsp toffee sauce such as Merchant Gourmet Dulce de Leche
- 6 shortbread biscuits
- 150ml whipping cream
- Icing sugar
- Toasted almonds, to serve
- Put the apples in a saucepan with the caster sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. Cook for 10 minutes until really soft, then blitz in a food processor or mash with a fork until smooth.
- Swirl through the toffee sauce. Divide between 6 individual glass bowls and crumble the shortbread biscuits over.
- Whip the cream (see tips), sweeten the icing sugar and add to the cream. Spoon over the crumbs. Top with toasted almonds and serve.
Rate & review