Toffee apple trifle
- February 2009
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 10 minutes to cook
This delectable toffee apple trifle recipe makes a quick and easy dessert. It takes just 20 minutes to make and is made using storecupboard and fridge staples.
We’ve got 20+ more trifle recipes to choose from – there’s bound to be a flavour combination that hits the spot.
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 70g caster sugar
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 6 tbsp toffee sauce such as Merchant Gourmet Dulce de Leche
- 6 shortbread biscuits
- 150ml whipping cream
- Icing sugar
- Toasted almonds, to serve
- Put the apples in a saucepan with the caster sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. Cook for 10 minutes until really soft, then blitz in a food processor or mash with a fork until smooth.
- Swirl through the toffee sauce. Divide between 6 individual glass bowls and crumble the shortbread biscuits over.
- Whip the cream (see tips), sweeten the icing sugar and add to the cream. Spoon over the crumbs. Top with toasted almonds and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...