Speedy blue cheese, kale and walnut risotto
- March 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
We’ve used ready-cooked basmati rice to make this risotto recipe even speedier. It’s a cheesy, creamy and comforting midweek meal.
- 32.7g (9.9g saturated)
- 41.8g (8.6g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 250g pouch of steamed basmati rice
- 125ml dry white wine
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 100g chopped kale
- 75g half-fat cream cheese
- 30g chopped walnuts
- 25g creamy blue cheese, plus 20g extra for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat, add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then add the basmati rice and stir with a wooden spoon to break up. Pour in the white wine and bubble until reduced, then pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the chopped kale and cook until wilted, then stir in the half-fat cream cheese, walnuts and blue cheese. Divide the risotto between 2 bowls and serve with extra blue cheese dotted over the top.
Swap the kale for the same weight of young leaf spinach or spring greens
Rate & review