Speedy blue cheese, kale and walnut risotto
- March 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
We’ve used ready-cooked basmati rice to make this risotto recipe even speedier. It’s a cheesy, creamy and comforting midweek meal.
- 32.7g (9.9g saturated)
- 41.8g (8.6g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 250g pouch of steamed basmati rice
- 125ml dry white wine
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 100g chopped kale
- 75g half-fat cream cheese
- 30g chopped walnuts
- 25g creamy blue cheese, plus 20g extra for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat, add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, then add the basmati rice and stir with a wooden spoon to break up. Pour in the white wine and bubble until reduced, then pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the chopped kale and cook until wilted, then stir in the half-fat cream cheese, walnuts and blue cheese. Divide the risotto between 2 bowls and serve with extra blue cheese dotted over the top.
Swap the kale for the same weight of young leaf spinach or spring greens
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Roasted sesame salmon with ginger and chilli pak choi
A low-carb sesame salmon recipe that is packed full of fresh flavours and healthy ingredients.
Sausage, tomato and olive penne
Try this easy and tasty alternative to spag bol made with sausages, tomatoes, olives and...
Creamy pea and bacon rice
Try this creamy pea and bacon rice made with creme fraiche and mint – it’s...