Speedy homemade granola
- April 2011
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 15 mins cooking time
This quick homemade granola recipe is a simple and easy breakfast that will fill you up until lunch.
- 18.2g (5.9g saturated)
- 52.3g (27.5g sugars)
- 140g Wholesome Muesli Base (from Waitrose)
- 50g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 35g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g golden raisins
- Greek yogurt and fruit compote (we like Bonne Maman cherry compote) to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the muesli and hazelnuts in a large bowl, stir in the sugar and flour, then rub in the butter with your fingertips until the muesli begins to come together in chunks. Stir in the golden syrup.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spoon over the granola. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven, then stir through the dried fruit and leave to cool. Serve with bowls of Greek yogurt and fruit compote.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter