- June 2012
- Serves 6-8 as a side dish
- Hands-on 10 min
Serve Donal Skehan’s guacamole recipe with a hearty bowl of chilli, as a dip for tortilla chips or simply spread on toast.
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 10.2g (2.2g saturated)
- 2g (1.2g sugars)
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Halve the avocados lengthways and remove the stones. Scoop out the green flesh, chop roughly and place in a medium-size bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice to stop it discolouring, then add the rest of the ingredients. Season to taste with a good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper and that’s it. Enjoy!
This recipe is so basic anyone can make it. Adjust the quantity of ingredients to your own taste and use less Tabasco sauce if you want a milder guacamole mix.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Avocados, prawns and mango with coriander dressing
Avocados, prawns and mango with coriander dressing sit beautifully together on the plate – and...