Chocolate spiderweb cupcakes
- October 2017
- Serves 12
- Hands on time 30 min, plus cooling
Make this Halloween extra spooky with chocolate spiderweb cupcakes. Easy-to-make and even easier to eat – these are treats that the whole family will enjoy.
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- A few drops vanilla extract
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- 100g milk chocolate, melted
- White and dark chocolate writing icing tubes (available from large supermarkets)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan /gas 4. Put all the cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk until combined and smooth.
- Divide the cake mix between a 12-hole muffin tin lined with paper cases. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until well risen and springy to the touch. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate cover half the cakes with melted milk chocolate and half with melted white chocolate. Pipe 3 concentric circles on top of each one using the writing icing tubes (use dark on white and vice versa), then use a cocktail stick pull from the middle to the edge all the way round to create a web effect.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...