Sprouting broccoli and pea pesto gnocchi
- February 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
Could this be the quickest ever gnocchi recipe? Ready in just 10 minutes, the vegetarian dinner for four combines sprouting broccoli pesto with gnocchi to make a warming supper.
We’ve got lots more recipes like this, take a look at all our gnocchi recipes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 200g sprouting broccoli (green or purple)
- 100g frozen peas
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 small anchovy fillets
- 1 peeled small garlic clove
- a large handful each of fresh basil and flat leaf parsley
- 40g parmesan
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- a good grind of salt and pepper
- 800g fresh gnocchi
- Parmesan shavings
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Put the sprouting broccoli and peas in a large bowl, pour over a full kettle of boiling water, leave to stand for 1 minute then drain.
- Bring a large pan of water to a rolling boil. Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, whizz the drained broccoli and peas with the lemon zest and juice, anchovy fillets, garlic, parmesan, fresh herbs, olive oil and the salt and pepper. Blend to a chunky paste.
- Add the fresh gnocchi to the pan of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Put the gnocchi in a serving bowl, toss through the pesto, then serve with parmesan shavings and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
Rate & review