Grilled gnocchi with broccoli and parma ham
- January 2015
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25-30 min
Take the stress out of supper with a shortcut dinner recipe made with ready-made gnocchi, cheese sauce and parma ham.
- 350g ready-made cheese sauce, or make your own by grating in 100g cheddar to this recipe
- 500g ready-made gnocchi
- 60g parma ham slices
- 200g spinach
- 200g broccoli florets
- 30g parmesan
- Put the spinach in a colander in the sink, then pour over boiling water from the kettle. Run cold water over to cool, then squeeze out the excess water.
- Heat the cheese sauce in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Heat the grill to medium. Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then add the gnocchi and cook for another 3 minutes. Drain, return the gnocchi and broccoli to the pan, then stir in the cheese sauce and the spinach. Tear the parma ham into pieces and stir into the sauce. Season, to taste.
- Pour into a 1 litre ovenproof dish, then grate over the parmesan. Cook under the grill for 5-10 minutes until golden and bubbling, then serve with a salad of dressed green leaves, if you like.
This dish works well with other sauces as well as cheese. Try a tomato and mascarpone one instead.
Rate & review