Gnocchi gratin with broccoli and spinach
- June 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Gnocchi, mixed with broccoli and spinach, then smothered in a cheesy sauce – this easy gratin takes midweek comfort food to a whole new level.
Can’t get enough of those fluffy little potato dumplings? We’ve got 50+ more gnocchi recipes for you to try.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 17.6g (9.5g saturated)
- 66g (11g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 350ml milk
- 280g light cream cheese
- 100g spinach
- 100g kale
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into small florets
- 600g ready-made gnocchi
- 30g grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until it starts to soften. Add the flour and fry for a minute more before gradually whisking in the milk. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens and bubbles, then reduce the heat and stir in the cream cheese. Turn off the heat.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Boil a large saucepan of water. Put the kale in a colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water. Drain, refresh with cold water, then squeeze out as much water as possible. Add the gnocchi and broccoli to the boiling water and simmer for 4-5 minutes, then drain and pat dry. Stir the veg and gnocchi into the sauce, then pour into a 1.5 litre baking dish. Sprinkle over the grated cheese and grill for 15 minutes or until golden.
Double the quantities and assemble in 2 ovenproof dishes. Leave one to cool, then freeze it without the parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy blue cheese mushroom sauce is...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...