Steak, beetroot and Puy lentil salad with roasted peppers
- January 2012
- 1 (about 175g) sirloin steak
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet ready-to-eat Puy lentils
- 50g baby spinach
- 150g ready-cooked beetroot, sliced
- 290g jar roasted peppers, drained (we like Sacla`Char-grilled Peppers Antipasto)
- Bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked
- Rub the steak with a drizzle of olive oil and season well. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and, when really hot, sear the steak for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare (cook for a little longer if you prefer your meat less rare). Set aside to rest.
- Reduce the heat to low, then stir through the lentils, spinach, sliced beetroot and peppers until the spinach is just beginning to wilt and the lentils are warmed through.
- Transfer to a bowl, mix in most of the mint, then season and divide between 2 plates. Slice the steak, put on top of the lentil salad, then sprinkle with the rest of the mint leaves to serve.
Make this salad vegetarian by omitting the steak and adding more ready-cooked beetroot and spinach.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Puy lentils with roasted vegetables and griddled halloumi
This Mediterranean inspired vegetarian recipe is great for using up leftover vegetables in the fridge....
Puy lentil recipes
Seared steak with sun-dried tomato and basil puy lentils
A Mediterranean-style steak recipe? On the table in 20 minutes? Hard to resist, isn’t it?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...