Seared steak with sun-dried tomato and basil puy lentils
- August 2010
- 2 x 175g rump steaks, trimmed of fat
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Small bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet
- Puy Lentils Cooked with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Basil
- 50g crème fraîche
- 6 sunblush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Rub the steaks all over with 1 tbsp olive oil and season. Heat a griddle until smoking hot, turn the heat down to medium, then cook the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest and keep warm.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, then add the cherry tomatoes, most of the basil leaves and the lemon juice. Cook for a couple of minutes to warm through.
- Meanwhile, heat the Puy lentils in the microwave for 1 minute or according to the packet instructions. Stir through the tomato mixture, then add the crème fraîche and sunblush tomatoes. Fold in the crumbled feta, then serve topped with the sliced, seared steak and the remaining fresh basil leaves.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Puy lentil recipes
Steak, beetroot and Puy lentil salad with roasted peppers
This steak and beetroot salad recipe is simple, nutritious and healthy: perfect for throwing together...