Steak with onion relish
- November 2018
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min
Succulent steak accompanied by a three-onion relish and fries makes an indulgent but fuss-free Friday night meal for two.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 21.3g (6.2g saturated)
- 7g (6.1g sugars)
- Glug olive oil
- 2 x 200g sirloin or rump steaks
- 1 large banana shallot, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 fat garlic clove, bruised and halved
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp caramelised onion relish (we used Tracklements)
- 4 tbsp full-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and/or tarragon
- 2 large handfuls watercress
- Oven fries to serve (optional)
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare (or until done to your liking). Set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, fry the shallot and spring onions on a medium heat with a splash of oil for 5 minutes until beginning to brown. When the steaks are resting, transfer the onion mixture to the steak pan along with the garlic and rosemary. Add the relish and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the yogurt and herbs with the resting juices from the steak, season well, then serve with the steaks, onion relish, watercress and fries, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chargrilled steak with roasted squash
This hearty steak dinner recipe is sweetened with maple syrup and baked squash.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...