Summer vegetable and sausage couscous
- August 2009
- For 2-4 people
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 30 minutes to cook
Seasonal roasted vegetables and hearty sausages make a light couscous dish perfect for serving in summer.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 35.1g (10.6g saturated)
- 41.3g (7.1g sugars)
For 4 servings
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 8 good-quality pork and herb sausages, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g couscous
- 400ml chicken stock, hot
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100g green beans
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the aubergine, red onion, tomatoes and sausages in a large roasting tin, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, season and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning over once or twice.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large bowl and mix with the rest of the olive oil, then pour over the hot chicken stock, cover with cling film and stand for 10 minutes. Fluff up the grains with a fork and stir in the lemon juice.
- Blanch the green beans in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then refresh in cold water. Take the roasted veg and sausages out of the oven, mix them into the couscous with the pan juices and green beans, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Favourite lamb recipes
Chia minty yogurt lamb with wholewheat couscous salad
Something a little different to your traditional Sunday lunch, but Vladia Cobrdova’s Middle Eastern-style lamb...