Sweet soy and chilli tuna skewers with Asian slaw
- August 2012
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
We’ve used ready-marinated tuna to create a quick and easy summery dinner recipe for two. If you want to make it a more filling meal, serve with brown rice too.
- The Saucy Fish Company Sweet Soy & Chilli Seasoned Tuna Steaks, avaialble from Tesco, or similar
- ½ cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp Very Lazy Ginger, chopped
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves picked
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Cut the tuna into 2cm chunks and thread equal amounts onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Set aside.
- For the slaw, toss the cucumber, beansprouts, chilli, ginger, coriander leaves and lime juice, then drizzle with most of the soy and chilli sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat, brush the tuna skewers with the sesame oil, then sear for 1 minute, turning, until charred on the outside and pink in the centre. Serve with the slaw, a squeeze of lime juice, lime wedges and the remaining soy and chilli sauce.
Rate & review