Pan-fried tuna with zingy cannellini beans
- December 2009
- Serves 2
- Ready in 8 minutes
Ready in less than 10 minutes, this pan-fried tuna with cannellini beans recipe is the perfect midweek supper for even the busiest people.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 x 150g thick tuna steaks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
- 410g cannellini beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon
- 40g wild rocket
- Place a frying pan over a very high heat. Brush the tuna steaks with a little olive oil, then season well with salt and black pepper. Add the tuna steaks to the hot pan and sear for 1 minute each side for pink, or longer if you prefer. Set aside on a warm plate.
- Return the pan to a low heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and the chopped red chilli and cook for 30 seconds. Add the drained cannellini beans and the grated zest and juice of ½ lemon. Stir for 2 minutes to warm through.
- Take off the heat, stir in the wild rocket and season to taste. Divide between plates along with the tuna. Serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Griddled tuna stemperata
Stemperata is a type of sauce made with capers, onion, tomatoes, garlic and olives. Tuna...