Pan-fried tuna with zingy cannellini beans
- December 2009
- 2 x 150g thick tuna steaks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
- 410g cannellini beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon
- 40g wild rocket
- Place a frying pan over a very high heat. Brush the tuna steaks with a little olive oil, then season well with salt and black pepper. Add the tuna steaks to the hot pan and sear for 1 minute each side for pink, or longer if you prefer. Set aside on a warm plate.
- Return the pan to a low heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and the chopped red chilli and cook for 30 seconds. Add the drained cannellini beans and the grated zest and juice of ½ lemon. Stir for 2 minutes to warm through.
- Take off the heat, stir in the wild rocket and season to taste. Divide between plates along with the tuna. Serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter