Pan-fried tuna with zingy cannellini beans
- December 2009
- Serves 2
- Ready in 8 minutes
Ready in less than 10 minutes, this pan-fried tuna with cannellini beans recipe is the perfect midweek supper for even the busiest people.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 x 150g thick tuna steaks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, finely sliced
- 410g cannellini beans in water, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon
- 40g wild rocket
- Place a frying pan over a very high heat. Brush the tuna steaks with a little olive oil, then season well with salt and black pepper. Add the tuna steaks to the hot pan and sear for 1 minute each side for pink, or longer if you prefer. Set aside on a warm plate.
- Return the pan to a low heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and the chopped red chilli and cook for 30 seconds. Add the drained cannellini beans and the grated zest and juice of ½ lemon. Stir for 2 minutes to warm through.
- Take off the heat, stir in the wild rocket and season to taste. Divide between plates along with the tuna. Serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Griddled tuna stemperata
Stemperata is a type of sauce made with capers, onion, tomatoes, garlic and olives. Tuna...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...