Thai red curry paste
- September 2006
- 2 tsp each cumin and coriander seeds
- 4 red bird’s eye chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 lemongrass stalks, roughly chopped
- 4cm piece fresh galangal or ginger, chopped
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves or the finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- Stalks from 80g bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp each fish sauce and sunflower oil
- In a pestle and mortar, grind the cumin and coriander seeds to a powder. Transfer to a small food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whizz to a smooth, thick paste.
Spoon any remaining curry paste into a small freezerproof bag, cover and freeze. It will keep for up to 2 months.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...