Thai red curry paste
- September 2006
- Makes one jar
- Ready in 10 min
Nothing packs in the flavour like a home-made Thai curry paste. This spicy recipe will knock your socks off.
- 2.8g (0.3g saturated)
- 1.8g (0.9g sugar)
- 2 tsp each cumin and coriander seeds
- 4 red bird’s eye chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 lemongrass stalks, roughly chopped
- 4cm piece fresh galangal or ginger, chopped
- 6 fresh kaffir lime leaves or the finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- Stalks from 80g bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp each fish sauce and sunflower oil
- In a pestle and mortar, grind the cumin and coriander seeds to a powder. Transfer to a small food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whizz to a smooth, thick paste.
Spoon any remaining curry paste into a small freezerproof bag, cover and freeze. It will keep for up to 2 months.
Rate & review