Thai-style beef stir-fry
- July 2010
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 20 min
Healthy, fast and full of Asian flavours this beef stir-fry recipe can be whizzed up in no time for a stress-free supper.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 19.5g fat (5.2g saturated)
- 44.3g protein
- 22.6g carbs (16.4g sugars)
- 2.3g salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ tbsp lime juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 x 300g beef sirloin steaks
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 175g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 150g podded broad beans, blanched in boiling water for 1 minute (then skins discarded, if you like)
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 50g cashews
- Make a dressing by mixing the garlic, lime juice, soy and sugar together in a bowl, then set aside.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over a high heat. Brush the beef all over with half the sesame oil and season with salt. Griddle for 2 minutes on each side, then remove and slice into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the chilli, onion, pepper and broccoli. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, then add the broad beans, sugar snap peas and cashews. Add a splash of water (to help steam the veg) and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes.
- Stir through the strips of beef and cook for a further minute. Pour over the dressing and toss well to coat. Spoon among bowls and serve with extra lime wedges, if you like.
Make extra beef stir-fry and keep it for your lunch the next day. Soak some rice noodles, then toss in some sesame oil and mix into the stir-fry.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Orange, fennel and feta salad
Orange, fennel and feta salad is quick to prepare and makes a healthy accompaniment to...