Thai-style beef stir-fry
- July 2010
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 20 min
Healthy, fast and full of Asian flavours this beef stir-fry recipe can be whizzed up in no time for a stress-free supper.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 19.5g fat (5.2g saturated)
- 44.3g protein
- 22.6g carbs (16.4g sugars)
- 2.3g salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ tbsp lime juice, plus extra wedges to serve
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 x 300g beef sirloin steaks
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 175g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 150g podded broad beans, blanched in boiling water for 1 minute (then skins discarded, if you like)
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 50g cashews
- Make a dressing by mixing the garlic, lime juice, soy and sugar together in a bowl, then set aside.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over a high heat. Brush the beef all over with half the sesame oil and season with salt. Griddle for 2 minutes on each side, then remove and slice into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the chilli, onion, pepper and broccoli. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes, then add the broad beans, sugar snap peas and cashews. Add a splash of water (to help steam the veg) and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes.
- Stir through the strips of beef and cook for a further minute. Pour over the dressing and toss well to coat. Spoon among bowls and serve with extra lime wedges, if you like.
Make extra beef stir-fry and keep it for your lunch the next day. Soak some rice noodles, then toss in some sesame oil and mix into the stir-fry.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spinach and garlic fusilli with crispy breadcrumbs
You’ll find almost everything you need for this spinach and garlic fusilli recipe in your...
Grilled Dover sole with lime, coconut and avocado relish
This is an ideal light and fresh supper party dish, best served with steamed rice....