Toasted nut and demerara ice cream
- January 2015
- Makes 1 litre
- Hands-on time 15 minutes, plus freezing
Our easy toasted nut and demerara ice cream recipe is a great way of using up leftover nuts. We’ve cheated by using shop-bought vanilla ice cream so it really is a doddle to make.
- 9.6g (3.3g saturated)
- 8.9g (8.3g sugars)
Per 50g scoop
- 200g mixed nuts (we used almonds, hazelnuts, macadamias and brazils)
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 litre tub vanilla ice cream
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Spread the nuts out on a baking tray and toast in the oven until golden (5-10 minutes).
- Cool slightly, then roughly chop and mix with the sugar in a small bowl.
- Defrost the ice cream until just spoonable. Spoon into a large bowl and stir through the nut/sugar mixture, then return to the tub and pack it down tightly. Freeze until set (about 3 hours). Serve with sticky toffee pudding.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Peanut butter and cookie dough no-churn ice cream
This indulgent peanut butter and cookie ice cream is very easy to make and requires...
Salted caramel bread ice cream with hot chocolate sauce
Salted caramel sourdough breadcrumbs are stirred through double cream and fresh vanilla in Thomasina Miers’...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...