Tomato and sardine crostini
- September 2010
- Serves 8 as a pre-dinner nibble or 4 as a starter (makes 24)
- Ready in 12 minutes
A wheat-free canapé recipe made with rye bread, avocado, sardines, tomatoes and pine nuts – perfect for nibbles when entertaining.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 14.3g (2.8g saturated)
- 10.3g (2.1g sugars)
- 110g can sardines in olive oil, well drained
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 slices wheat-free rye sunflower seed bread, such as Biona
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Place the sardines in a bowl and gently break them up a little.
- In another bowl, put the tomato, avocado, basil and lemon juice, season to taste and mix gently.
- When ready to serve, rub the rye bread slices with the peeled garlic, then cut each slice into 8 squares.
- Spoon a little of the tomato and avocado mixture onto each rye bread square, top with a piece of sardine, then sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve.
Rate & review