Tomato and sardine crostini
- September 2010
- Serves 8 as a pre-dinner nibble or 4 as a starter (makes 24)
- Ready in 12 minutes
A wheat-free canapé recipe made with rye bread, avocado, sardines, tomatoes and pine nuts – perfect for nibbles when entertaining.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 14.3g (2.8g saturated)
- 10.3g (2.1g sugars)
- 110g can sardines in olive oil, well drained
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 slices wheat-free rye sunflower seed bread, such as Biona
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Place the sardines in a bowl and gently break them up a little.
- In another bowl, put the tomato, avocado, basil and lemon juice, season to taste and mix gently.
- When ready to serve, rub the rye bread slices with the peeled garlic, then cut each slice into 8 squares.
- Spoon a little of the tomato and avocado mixture onto each rye bread square, top with a piece of sardine, then sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Truffle honey-roasted fig and pancetta crostini with gorgonzola
A canapé recipe of crunchy crostini’s topped with figs roasted in truffle honey, pancetta and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...