Spiced coconut salmon
- November 2021
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 20 min, plus simmering time 5 min
Skip the takeaway Thai curry and make yourself a speedy spiced coconut salmon for one instead. This easy recipe takes just 25 mins to make.
Discover more dishes for when you’re flying solo with our recipes for one person collection.
- 53g (35.1g saturated)
- 16.5g (10.5g sugars)
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tsp coconut or veg oil
- 1 sustainable salmon fillet with skin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1.5cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1½ tsp curry powder (mild or hot)
- ½ tsp tamarind paste (or juice ½ lime)
- 200ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp sugar (optional)
- ½-1 red chilli, sliced
- ½ small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- ½ tsp nigella seeds
- Steamed basmati or jasmine rice to serve
- Mix the onion and lemon juice in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a small frying pan over a high heat. Fry the salmon skin-side down for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for a minute more. Set aside.
- Mix the garlic, ginger, curry powder, tamarind/lime juice and a pinch of salt in a small bowl to make a thick paste. Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper, then put back over a medium heat. Add the remaining oil, then fry the spice paste for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, bring to a gentle simmer, then cook for 5 minutes. Gently put the salmon fillet skin-side up in the sauce and cook for 1 minute more or until cooked to your liking. Taste the sauce – you might want to add a pinch of sugar to balance the flavours.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the onion to remove most of the liquid (discard), then combine the onion with the chilli and coriander. Serve the salmon in the sauce, topped with the onion and coriander salad and sprinkled with the nigella, with basmati or jasmine rice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tea-smoked salmon and coconut fishcakes with lemon hollandaise
This fishcake recipe isn’t complicated and the flavour combination is worth the time spent. Serve...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...