Sticky Vietnamese-style pork stir fry
- March 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Switch up the way you use sausagemeat and make this sweet and sticky Vietnamese-style stir-fry! It’s super speedy, fragrant and moreish.
We’ve served ours with rice but noodles would work well, too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 20.1g (7.8g saturated)
- 11.1g (5g sugars)
- 450g British outdoor-reared pork sausagemeat
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 5cm piece of ginger, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, chopped
- A handful of coriander stems, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cooked rice, fresh coriander leaves, lime wedges, to serve
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and fry the sausagemeat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until golden. Reduce the heat slightly, then add the chopped garlic, ginger, lemongrass, coriander stems, most of the chopped spring onions and most of the chopped red chilli. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until everything is smelling fragrant.
- Add the brown sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce, then stir to combine. Taste and add a little extra soy sauce, if needed.
- Serve spooned over cooked rice, sprinkled with a few more coriander leaves and the rest of the spring onion and chilli, with lime wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sticky Vietnamese pork meatballs with rice noodles and pickled vegetables
Lemongrass, garlic and lime all contribute to the powerful flavour of this Vietnamese pork meatball...