Warm beef, beetroot and rocket salad
- February 2007
- Serves 3
- Ready in 25 minutes
A quick, healthy lunch or dinner recipe with rump steak, beetroot, rocket and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 250g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot in natural juice,
- 1 white rustic roll, roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g thick rump steak
- 50g wild rocket
- 100g pack sun-dried tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Drain 250g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot in natural juice, reserving the juice. Cut the beetroot into wedges, put into a roasting tin with 1 white rustic roll, roughly torn, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season, toss together and roast for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Tip into a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, season 300g thick rump steak and fry in a hot, dry pan for 2 minutes each side. Set aside for 5 minutes, then slice. Toss 50g wild rocket and 100g pack sun-dried tomatoes with the beetroot, croutons and sliced steak, then divide between plates.
- Mix the reserved beetroot juice with 3 tablespoons olive oil, season and drizzle over each salad to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Vietnamese herb salad with tamarind and honey glazed beef
Juicy tamarind and honey glazed steak, crunchy vegetables, roasted peanuts and a bounty of fresh...