Warm roast carrot and goat’s cheese salad
- February 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 50 min
Sweet roast carrots, creamy goat’s cheese and peppery watercress come together in this dish to make a salad recipe less ordinary.
- 25.7g (7.1g saturated)
- 40g (19.1g sugars)
- 3 red onions
- 450g baby carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp caraway seeds
- 40g chopped walnuts
- 2 pitta breads
- 2 tbsp honey
- Big squeeze of lemon juice
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 100g watercress
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Peel and quarter the onions keeping the roots intact. Toss in a roasting tin with the carrots, olive oil and caraway seeds. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Toast the walnuts in a pan over a medium heat, tossing, for 2-3 minutes until lightly coloured. When the veg are nearly done, halve and open out the pitta breads, drizzle with olive oil, season and toast for 5 minutes on a baking tray in the oven until crisp. When you put the pittas in, take the carrots out and drizzle with the honey and lemon juice, then put them back in while the pittas are cooking.
- To serve, break the pittas into shards and toss with the roasted veg, goat’s cheese, and the walnuts, watercress and the juices from the tin to dress.
If you can’t find baby carrots, substitute the same weight in normal carrots and cut into 1.5cm pieces.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
Warm za’atar-spiced cauliflower, red onion and rice salad
Discover the power of za’atar in this spiced vegetarian salad, made with cauliflower, red onions...
Jersey royal new potato recipes
Warm potato salad with green tahini and herb dressing
This warm potato salad with a zesty tahini and herb dressing makes a welcome change...