Frozen mint and chocolate parfait
- April 2008
- About 25 fresh mint leaves, plus extra for decoration
- 400ml double cream
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 100g plain chocolate
- 3 eggs, separated
- 75g icing sugar
- Plain chocolate curls (We used Supercook Belgian chocolate scrolls from Sainsbury’s)
- Roll up 25 large mint leaves and cut into shreds (keep the small leaves for decoration). Place in a small pan with 300ml double cream and the caster sugar. Bring just to the boil, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until just melted. Stir in the egg yolks. Strain the cooled cream into the chocolate and whisk well.
- In a clean grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Whisk in the icing sugar. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites until smooth.
- Pour into 6 silicone muffin moulds or dariole moulds, cover with clingfilm, and freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight. Whip the remaining cream. Turn the parfait onto plates just before serving and decorate with little swirls of cream, some mint leaves and the chocolate curls.
This pudding can be made beforehand to save time on the day.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...