Wicked chocolate sauce
- August 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 10 minutes
This home-made chocolate sauce is brilliantly decadent. Pour it over ice-cream or dip fruit into it.
(And if you’re a fan of dipping sweet things into chocolate, take a look at our doughnut fingers with chocolate dipping sauce recipe.)
- 200g bar plain chocolate, 50% cocoa solids, broken into squares
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 142ml carton single cream or 170g can extra thick cream
- Pour water into a pan until it is no more than one-third full.
- Find a bowl which will rest over the pan without touching the water, and add the chocolate, golden syrup and cream.
- Heat gently until everything in the pan has melted, then stir to combine.
- Keep the bowl resting over the pan of warm water to keep the sauce warm and runny until you are ready to serve.
Serve baked bananas with ice-cream and pour over the home-made chocolate sauce for a wonderfully warm banana split.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cinnamon beignets with spiced chocolate sauce
These beignets are more doughnut-like than the traditional version (made with choux pastry) but taste...
Frozen berries with hot white chocolate sauce
An indulgent yet quick and easy summer dessert recipe of berries with white chocolate sauce...