Wicked chocolate sauce
- August 2005
- 200g bar plain chocolate, 50% cocoa solids, broken into squares
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 142ml carton single cream or 170g can extra thick cream
- Pour water into a pan until it is no more than one-third full.
- Find a bowl which will rest over the pan without touching the water, and add the chocolate, golden syrup and cream.
- Heat gently until everything in the pan has melted, then stir to combine.
- Keep the bowl resting over the pan of warm water to keep the sauce warm and runny until you are ready to serve.
Serve baked bananas with ice-cream and pour over the home-made chocolate sauce for a wonderfully warm banana split.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter