What to do with leftover cider
Make these recipes to use up leftovers of this versatile alcoholic beverage, an excellent addition to many dishes as it adds a delicious fruity flavour.
Recipes using cider
- Pot-roasted pork chops in cider with shallots and peas
- Chicken, chorizo and cider pot pies
- Mussels with cider, tarragon and créme fraîche
- Cider-cooked apple, onion and cheese galette
- Chunky apple, raisin, walnut and cider cake
How to use up leftover cider
- Cider gravy
Use cider instead of white wine to deglaze the tin used to roast a whole chicken, then use to make gravy in the tin, on the hob.
- Sauce for pork
Pan-fry 2 thick pork chops in a little oil and butter in an ovenproof frying pan for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Roast in a hot oven for 4-6 minutes until nearly cooked through. Add a big lug of cider, a knob of butter, dash of cream and a few sage leaves to the pan for a quick sauce.