What to do with leftover lemon curd
Use this thick citrus spread to add a sweet zing to your food. Choose how to use up the leftovers with these pleasing recipes.
Recipes using lemon curd
- Lemon polenta cake with mascarpone and lemon curd
- Lemon curd cheesecake
- Simple roasted rhubarb and lemon curd pots
- Baked lemon curd syrup sponges with brandy custard
- Berry and lemon curd bread and butter pudding
How to use up leftover lemon curd
- Zingy tart. Mix lime zest and leftover lemon curd and spread into a ready-made pastry case or blind-baked homemade pastry case. Top with raspberries and serve with créme fraîche.
- Ripple ice cream. Stir through softened vanilla ice cream and make a ripple effect, then refreeze.
- Lemony pancakes. Heat lemon curd in a saucepan until runny, then serve drizzled over pancakes with fresh strawberries.
- Lemony sponge. Stir 2-3 tbsp leftover lemon curd into raw vanilla cake mixture before baking.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter