Berry and lemon curd bread and butter pudding
- September 2013
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 40-50 minutes to cook, plus standing
This shortcut bread and butter pudding recipe is made with berries and lemon curd for a summery twist.
- 30.9g (19.2g saturated)
- 46.4g (19.8g sugars)
- 400g brioche loaf (about 9-10 slices)
- Softened butter for spreading
- 500g tub fresh vanilla custard
- 200ml double cream
- 100g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- 6 tbsp lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Thickly slice the brioche and butter one side of each slice. Cut each slice into large triangles and layer in a 2 litre ovenproof dish (or cut into smaller triangles and layer in 6 x 300ml ovenproof dishes).
- Mix the custard with the double cream, then pour in and around the brioche slices, pressing the bread down gently. Leave to stand and absorb for 20-30 minutes.
- Scatter the pudding with the berries, tucking them between the brioche slices, then drizzle and dollop with the lemon curd.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes if making a large pudding (or for 30 minutes if making small ones). Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving with a jug of cream, if you like.
NEXT TIME… For an even more indulgent version that’s just as quick, dot the brioche with chunks of dark chocolate (instead of the berries) and add a splash of amaretto to the custard (instead of the lemon curd).
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Blueberry, lemon curd and brioche bread-and-butter pudding
A light and airy, summery bread and butter pudding recipe made with brioche, blueberries and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...