This simple and nutritious meal is quick to prepare and looks and tastes lovely.
- 450g ripe plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red peppers, deseeded, cored and cut into chunks
- 3 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g fresh potato gnocchi
- 50g fresh wild rocket
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.
- 2. In a large roasting tin, toss together the tomatoes, peppers, garlic and olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes until softened. Remove from the oven and slip the garlic out from their papery skins, return to the roasting tin and mash all the ingredients with a fork to a thickish, coarse sauce. Season to taste and return to the turned-off oven to keep warm.
- 3. Cook the gnocchi in lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions or until they come to the boil and float on the surface of the water. Drain well and toss in the pepper sauce. Stir in two-thirds of the rocket and spoon into bowls.
- 4. Scatter with the feta and remaining rocket to serve.
Per serving: 309kcals, 7.6g fat (3.3g saturated), 9.5g protein, 51.1g carbs, 9.1g sugar, 2g salt
To cut down on the fat even more, look out for Fry Light, a pump-action sunflower oil spray in a bottle (from most large supermarkets).
Avoid heavy, full-bodied wines here – a light, refreshing Sauvignon Blanc is all you need.