14 gifts every gin & tonic lover will love
With a brilliantly cold gin and tonic comes the promise of celebration; whether it’s as a pre-lunch drink on a Sunday (because Sunday lunch is cause for celebration, isn’t it?) or the first tipple of the evening at a wedding party, a lovingly prepared G&T is, for me, the ultimate in summer party refreshment.
It’s just that little bit fancier than a glass of wine or a beer and, when made with good gin and a worthy tonic – because not all are equal – it offers all the glamour of a cocktail, with nearly none of the effort because who wants to be whisking egg whites anyway?
So, by way of honouring gin and the institution that is the G&T, I’ve rounded up 15 of the best gin-themed gifts, that you may or may not choose to give away…
1. Vineyard Candles gin & tonic candle £19.50
Made using luxury natural wax, these English juniper and Tuscan lemon scented candles have a burn-time of over 80 hours.
2. The Oak & Rope Company gin & tonic board £45
These solid oak personalised boards are just the thing for chopping lemons and limes.
3. Joe & Seph’s gin and tonic popcorn £4
Joe & Seph’s do some great popcorn flavours but none is better than the gin and tonic-infused caramel variety.
4. Yvonne Ellen gin and tonic tea set £61.24
A tea set for a very different kind of afternoon tea…
5. Hearth and Heritage ‘Bath Tub Gin’ bath oil £12.50
The delicate, floral quality of juniper means bath time can be gin-themed too.
6. LSA International balloon glasses £28 for two
Every G&T should be served in a glass as beautiful as this one.
7. Drinks by the Dram World Drinks Awards 2018 gin winners tasting set £26.95
Want to have a taste of the world’s best gins without buying whole bottles? These miniature offerings are the answer.
8. Craft Gin Club gin subscription club From £40 per month
Get the finest, rare and exclusive gins sent to your door with a genius monthly gin subscription service.
9. Joy of Ex ‘Gym & Tonic’ tote bag £13.75
Gym and tonic…because it’s all about balance.
10. ‘Let the Evening BeGin’ apron £17.99
No chef should be without this apron (nor without G&T in hand).
11. Olivia Williams ‘Gin Glorious Gin’, £10.99
Learn why gin has long been one of London’s most iconic drinks.
12. The Homemade Gin’s gin kit $49.95
Choose your botanicals and make a bottle of your very own.
13. Fever-Tree’s tonic water Prices vary
Fever-Tree is undoubtedly where it’s at when it comes to superior tonic water – a case of the good stuff and a bottle of gin makes a wonderful gift.
14. Rooms at The Distillery From £125 per night
After an afternoon of sampling at London gin distillery The Ginstitute, you’ll want to stay the night in one of their cosy rooms, complete with a fully-stocked gin bar.
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter