East & West Midlands finalists, Produce Awards 2017
Thank you for your nominations. Here are the shortlisted producers who have made it through to the final round…
Nine East & West Midlands food products from seven local producers have reached the finals of the delicious. Produce Awards 2017.
The regional judges were John Wigley, farmer and founder of The Big Cow Black online farm; cookery demonstrator, author and broadcaster Rachel Green; and Alison Swan Parente, who founded the Welbeck Bakehouse and School of Artisan Food.
East & West Midlands’ Finalists are:
- Leicestershire Handmade Cheese Co, Nuneaton, Warwickshire: Sparkenhoe Red Leicester Cheese
- Souper Foods, Droitwich, Worcestershire: Cream of Worcestershire Asparagus Soup
- British Cassis, Lyonshall, Herefordshire: British Cassis
- New Close Farm Shop, Bakewell, Derbyshire: Traditional Pork Sausages and Traditional Pork Pie and Oak-Smoked Dry-Cured Streaky Bacon
- Redhill Farm Free Range Pork, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire: Redhill Farm Free Range Lincolnshire Sausage
- L J Fairburn & Son Ltd, Alford, Lincolnshire: British Blue Eggs from Fairburn’s
- Launde Farm Foods, Launde, Leicestershire: Launde Lamb
The regional finalists will be judged at the national final in July by some of the top names in the food industry. The winning products and producers will be announced online and in the magazine’s October 2017 issue, and then featured throughout the year.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe