Five ways to cut fat without really trying
Try these easy tweaks to lower your intake of fat. Your tastebuds won’t notice the change but your waistline will!
1. Use an oil spray for frying, or make up your own. Mix half olive oil, half water in a spray canister, give it a good shake and use a couple of squirts before frying.
2. Use strong cheese such as mature Cheddar or Parmesan – a stronger taste means you can use less.
3. Switch to skinny lattes. The change from full fat to skimmed will almost halve your calorie intake from 190 to 102 on a large latte.*
4. Remove the skin from chicken before cooking and you’ll remove most of the fat, too.
5. Hold the dressing on salads. Instead, add fresh chopped herbs and a light spritz of lemon juice and mature balsamic vinegar, then toss with a few big-flavour ingredients, such as capers and olives.
*Based on Costa Coffee info.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...