How to make sugared rose petals
Collect any rose petals you find and turn them in to beautiful decorations.
- They’re the prettiest way to decorate a cake such as on the strawberry and rose Victoria sponge below and are ready in just 4 short steps.
- Lightly beat a free-range egg white with a fork until frothy.
- Pour a layer of caster sugar on to a plate.
- Using a pastry brush, coast each (unsprayed) rose petal with egg white, then put on to the plate and turn to coat all over in sugar.
- Dry on a wire rack for about an hour before scattering over your cake.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe