What to do with leftover frozen blueberries
A long-lasting alternative to the fresh variety, frozen blueberries can enrich desserts, breakfasts and smoothies. Find out how to use up any leftovers here.
Recipes using frozen blueberries
- Instant frozen yoghurt
- Frozen berries with hot white chocolate sauce
- Blueberry cheesecake ice lollies
- Semifreddo with iced berries and white hot chocolate sauce
How to use leftover frozen berries
- Blueberry sauce. Put a large handful of frozen blueberries in a large pan over a medium heat with the juice of half a lemon and 2 tbsp of sugar. Cook until the berries break down, stirring a little, then bubble to reduce. Serve with pancakes.
- Frozen berry dessert. Heat 100ml double cream in a small pan over a low heat [don’t let it simmer]. When it steams, take off the heat, add 100g chopped white chocolate and stir to melt, adding a splash of coconut rum for a kick. Put frozen blueberries into 2 bowls, then drizzle over the sauce.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month for a half price subscriptionSubscribe