Almond milk eggnog
- December 2015
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus cooling
When you want to whip something up quickly for last minute guests, this almond milk eggnog is the recipe for you.
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100ml single cream
- Split vanilla pod and its scraped seeds
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- A few gratings of nutmeg
- 1 medium free-range egg yolk
- 50g caster sugar
- 60ml good brandy
- 60ml dark rum
- Mix the almond milk with the cream, vanilla, cinnamon stick and nutmeg in a small saucepan, then warm on a low heat until steaming.
- Whisk the egg yolk with the caster sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy, then pour in the warm almond milk mixture gradually, whisking all the time.
- Return the mixture to the small saucepan with the brandy and rum and warm on a gentle heat, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- Strain through a sieve, then leave to cool. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. Serve warm or chilled with extra gratings of nutmeg
Rate & review