Almond milk eggnog
- December 2015
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min, plus cooling
When you want to whip up a Christmas drink for snuggling in front of the fire, this almond milk eggnog is the recipe for you.
Hunkering down for Christmas with the one you love? We’ve got you covered with our Christmas recipes for two.
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100ml single cream
- Split vanilla pod and its scraped seeds
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- A few gratings of nutmeg
- 1 medium free-range egg yolk
- 50g caster sugar
- 60ml good brandy
- 60ml dark rum
- Mix the almond milk with the cream, vanilla, cinnamon stick and nutmeg in a small saucepan, then warm on a low heat until steaming.
- Whisk the egg yolk with the caster sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy, then pour in the warm almond milk mixture gradually, whisking all the time.
- Return the mixture to the small saucepan with the brandy and rum and warm on a gentle heat, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes until thickened.
- Strain through a sieve, then leave to cool. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. Serve warm or chilled with extra gratings of nutmeg
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...