Artichoke and goat’s cheese pesto tart
- March 2015
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20-25 min
This artichoke tart recipe is made with time-saving ingredients such as shop-bought pesto and chargrilled artichokes for a quick and easy shortcut supper.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 320g sheet ready rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 150g Sainsbury’s fresh red pesto, or similar
- 180g Sainsbury’s chargrilled artichokes in oil, drained, or similar
- 125g Sainsbury’s abergavenny goat’s cheese, or any other similar goat’s cheese
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 50g rocket
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Unroll the pastry and cut it in half widthways (wrap and freeze half for another time). Halve the remaining pastry widthways again and score a border 2cm from the edge of each piece with the tip of a sharp knife. Spoon 1 tbsp pesto into each half, spreading it evenly up to the edges of the scored border.
- Top the pesto with the artichokes, crumbled goat’s cheese and most of the basil, then bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry has risen and is golden brown. Top with a couple of fresh basil leaves.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the rocket, drizzle with some olive oil, then serve with the tarts.
When summer comes around, swap the pesto and artichokes for salsa verde and halved cherry tomatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Goat’s cheese and chicory crostini with balsamic pickled shallots
A perfect nibble to have with champagne, these goat’s cheese crostini are easy to make...
Healthy vegetarian recipes
Easy green pearl barley salad with roast parsnips and goat’s cheese
A vegetarian salad recipe, made with pearl barley, parsnips and goats cheese, is great for...