Artichoke and goat’s cheese pesto tart
- March 2015
- 320g sheet ready rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 150g Sainsbury’s fresh red pesto, or similar
- 180g Sainsbury’s chargrilled artichokes in oil, drained, or similar
- 125g Sainsbury’s abergavenny goat’s cheese, or any other similar goat’s cheese
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 50g rocket
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Unroll the pastry and cut it in half widthways (wrap and freeze half for another time). Halve the remaining pastry widthways again and score a border 2cm from the edge of each piece with the tip of a sharp knife. Spoon 1 tbsp pesto into each half, spreading it evenly up to the edges of the scored border.
- Top the pesto with the artichokes, crumbled goat’s cheese and most of the basil, then bake on the top shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry has risen and is golden brown. Top with a couple of fresh basil leaves.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the rocket, drizzle with some olive oil, then serve with the tarts.
When summer comes around, swap the pesto and artichokes for salsa verde and halved cherry tomatoes.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter