The Skint Roofer’s stilton roast potatoes
- April 2022
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time - 10 minutes, Simmering time - 15 minutes, Oven time - 40-60 minutes
This crowd-pleasing recipe from Ian Bursnall (AKA the Skint Roofer) won’t cost an arm and a leg, but in the words of Ian himself, “You will gain some friends after this one. Enjoy!”
Planning a Sunday roast? Discover all of our roast potato recipes here.
- 850g floury potatoes, peeled and cut into even chunks (about 5cm)
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 220g stilton cheese
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Heat the oven to 180ºc, gas 6 and put a tray in to heat up. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and let them steam dry.
- Pour the oil into a baking tray and put it in the oven while the potatoes are drying. When they are dry, put the potatoes in the hot oil and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Take them out and toss them about. Put them back in the oven for a further 20-25 minutes then crumble the stilton over them and roast for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is gooey and there are some crispy bits. Garnish with the spring onions, chilli flakes and black pepper.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...