Asparagus and parma ham frittata
- May 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 30 minutes to make, 10-12 minutes in the oven
A throw-it-all-in frittata recipe that’s as colourful as it is tasty. You could make it with courgettes and peas, after the asparagus season, if you like.
- 22.3g (4.2g saturated)
- 19.8g (2.6g sugars)
- 2 medium waxy potatoes (about 400g)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 125g asparagus
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 4 slices Parma ham, torn into shreds
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Roughly dice the potatoes and boil in plenty of salted water for 8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium-low heat. Fry the onion for 5 minutes, stirring now and then, until it starts to soften.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Cut the asparagus in half so that the spears are separate from the stems. Set the spears aside and chop the stems fairly finely. Add the stems to the onion in the pan, stir in the salt and let it all sweat gently for 5 minutes. Carefully fold in the potatoes and cook for another 5-6 minutes, until they’ve absorbed some of the onion- and asparagus-infused oil.
- Beat the eggs very lightly in a small bowl. You don’t want them to be too thoroughly mixed. Add to the pan and, working quickly, spread them through the other ingredients. Scatter the top of the frittata with the Parma ham and asparagus spears. Transfer to the hot oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs have set, the asparagus spears look roasted and the ham is crispy. Season with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Serve hot or cold.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Asparagus and pancetta soldiers with soft-boiled eggs
Swap toast soldiers for pancetta-wrapped asparagus in this easy low-carb breakfast recipe, that’s ready in...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...