Baked butternut squash and sage risotto
- October 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, oven time 45 min
This baked butternut squash and sage risotto recipe is easy to make and even easier to eat – a comforting vegetarian meal for any night of the week.
Add an extra oozy twist with our butternut squash and blue cheese risotto.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 9.8g (5.9g saturated)
- 73.4g (7g sugars)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 300g arborio risotto rice
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- Small bunch fresh sage, roughly chopped, a little set aside to garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200ml dry white wine
- 1 litre fresh stock (check it’s gluten free, if needed)
- 30g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), finely grated, plus extra to serve
You’ll also need…
- 1.5 litre ovenproof dish, about 5cm deep
- Heat the oven to 170°C/ 150°C fan/gas 3½ and put in a shallow 1.5 litre ovenproof dish in to warm. Melt the butter in a medium, deep non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, then add the shallots and fry for 5-8 minutes until translucent. Stir in the rice, squash, sage and garlic so everything gets a good coating of butter. Fry for another minute.
- Add the wine and bring the mixture up to a simmer, then bubble for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock and bring back to a gentle simmer.
- Pour the mixture into the warmed dish and bake, uncovered, in the oven for 45 minutes. Stir in the cheese for the last 5 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with the remaining sage and extra cheese.
Rate & review
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...