Baked chicken and herb risotto
- November 2011
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 40 minutes to cook
This no-stir risotto is a perfect midweek meal. Simply throw the ingredients into a pan and bake in the oven.
- 21.2g (10.6g saturated)
- 53.3g (2.5g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 400g risotto rice
- 100g kale, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 175ml dry white wine
- 1.4 litres good quality chicken stock, hot
- 4 free-range skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 100ml double cream
- Small bunch of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- Large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Small bunch of fresh tarragon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. In a casserole, heat the oil and butter, add the onion and soften over a low-medium heat, stirring, for 8-10 minutes. Add the rice, kale and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Increase the heat, add the wine, bubble until absorbed, then pour in the stock. Slice the chicken, stir into the pan and season.
- Cover, then cook for 30-35 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan and cream. Gently stir in the herbs, check the seasoning, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Baked chicken, mushroom and thyme brown rice risotto
Who has the time to stir risotto these days? Simply combine the ingredients and the...