Beans and greens on toast with chorizo and egg
- September 2019
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 20 min
Give beans on toast a smart upgrade with added greens and a spicy Spanish kick.
Or go meat-free with fried eggs on toast with grilled peppers and aioli.
- 33.6g (9.5g saturated)
- 44.2g (8.7g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus a splash extra
- 50g cooking chorizo, skinned and chopped
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 3 runner (or helda) beans, sliced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 75g tinned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium free-range egg
- Handful spinach or prepared kale
- 2 small sourdough slices, toasted
- Large pinch pul biber (mild chilli flakes) or sumac to serve – optional
- Heat a little oil in a small pan and fry the chorizo for 3-4 minutes over a medium-high heat. Once the chorizo starts to release its oil, add the shallot and helda/runner beans, then cook for 4-5 minutes more
or until the veg have softened.
- Add the tomatoes with a splash of water, season with salt and pepper, then simmer for 5 minutes until reduced and thickened. Stir in the cannellini beans and check the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, heat the 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the egg to your liking. Stir the spinach/kale into the chorizo/beans to wilt in the heat of the sauce.
- Serve the beans and greens on sourdough toast, topped with the fried egg. Sprinkle with pul biber or sumac, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...