Fried eggs on toast with grilled peppers and aioli
- June 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Spice up your brunch game and top toasts with fried eggs, sweet peppers, creamy aioli and a sprinkling of green chilli. Tip: swap the toast for warm naan breads to take this dish to the next level.
Is a classic brunch dish more your style? See our recipe for avocado, bacon and fried eggs on toast.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 33.7g (7.9g saturated)
- 24.4g (6.9g sugars)
- 3 halved and deseeded mixed sweet peppers
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 1 sliced green chilli
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 8 tbsp ready-made aioli (from large supermarkets)
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- 4 slices of toast
- Watercress, to serve
- Heat a grill or griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Toss the peppers with 1 tbsp oil and a sprinkle of salt, then grill/griddle for 5 minutes on each side until lightly charred and softened. Meanwhile, heat ½ tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the green chilli for 2 minutes until golden at the edges, then add the nigella seeds. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return the frying pan to the heat and fry each egg until crisp and cooked to your taste. Mix the aioli in a bowl with the soured cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mix over each of toast, top with 1-2 pieces of charred pepper and a fried egg, then scatter with the green chilli mix and watercress to serve.
Serve this egg dish on naan breads instead of toast, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...