Beef and bean burgers
- February 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
We’ve given you the option to choose which route you take with these easy burgers. Go 50/50 and try our beef and bean recipe or, if you want to go completely meat-free, swap the beef for an extra can of kidney beans, a mashed sweet potato and a handful of fresh breadcrumbs.
- 20.5g (3g saturated)
- 38.6g (5g sugars)
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g British beef mince (5 per cent fat)
- 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- 2 tsp paprika
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise (see tip)
- 4 seeded burger buns
- Oil for brushing
- 1 tsp dijon mustard to taste
- 50g sliced gherkins, plus extra to serve
- Mixed baby salad leaves or lettuce to serve
You’ll also need…
- Food processor
- Whizz together the beans, beef, spring onions, lemon zest, paprika and 1 tbsp mayonnaise in a food processor. Season, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, then use your hands to form into burgers.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, toast the buns, then set aside. Brush each burger with oil, then griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Mix the remaining mayo, mustard and 50g gherkins in a bowl and season with black pepper. Serve the burgers in the buns with the mayo, salad leaves and extra gherkins.
Make it veggie/vegan: if you want a 100 per cent bean burger (that’s also vegan) swap the beef for an extra can of kidney beans, a mashed sweet potato and a handful of fresh breadcrumbs. Replace the regular mayo with a vegan variety.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...