Boozy hot chocolate
- November 2012
- Makes 2.5 litres – serves 8-10
- Takes 5 min to make, 5 min to cook
A hot mug of this boozy hot chocolate is the perfect warming drink on a cold winter night. And those are homemade iced buns you can see in the photo, too.
- 42.5g (26.4g saturated)
- 35.8g (33.2g sugars)
- 6 cups or small mugs (about 1.5 litres in total) whole milk
- 3 cups or small mugs (about 600ml in total) double cream, plus extra to serve
- 5 tbsp good-quality cocoa powder
- 7 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste (we like Taylor & Colledge, from Waitrose and Ocado)
- 300ml Frangelico liqueur
- 100g dark chocolate to serve
- In a heavy-based saucepan, bring the milk and cream to the boil, then remove from the heat and set aside. In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder with a little of the hot creamy milk to make a paste, then add to the saucepan with the caster sugar, vanilla paste and Frangelico liqueur. Mix together well.
- Pour into mugs, add a swirl of double cream, grate over some of the dark chocolate, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Hot chocolate with churros
Churros are sweet doughy snacks that originate from Spain. These treats are fried then dipped...