Boozy hot chocolate
- November 2012
- Makes 2.5 litres – serves 8-10
- Takes 5 min to make, 5 min to cook
A hot mug of this boozy hot chocolate is the perfect warming drink on a cold winter night. And those are homemade iced buns you can see in the photo, too.
- 42.5g (26.4g saturated)
- 35.8g (33.2g sugars)
- 6 cups or small mugs (about 1.5 litres in total) whole milk
- 3 cups or small mugs (about 600ml in total) double cream, plus extra to serve
- 5 tbsp good-quality cocoa powder
- 7 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste (we like Taylor & Colledge, from Waitrose and Ocado)
- 300ml Frangelico liqueur
- 100g dark chocolate to serve
- In a heavy-based saucepan, bring the milk and cream to the boil, then remove from the heat and set aside. In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder with a little of the hot creamy milk to make a paste, then add to the saucepan with the caster sugar, vanilla paste and Frangelico liqueur. Mix together well.
- Pour into mugs, add a swirl of double cream, grate over some of the dark chocolate, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Hot chocolate with churros
Churros are sweet doughy snacks that originate from Spain. These treats are fried then dipped...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...