Breast of lamb stuffed with feta and mint
- July 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 30 min to make, 30-40 min in the oven, plus resting
A gorgeous spring lamb recipe made with breast of lamb and stuffed with a flavoursome mixture of mint, feta, red peppers and garlic.
- 30g (12.5g saturated)
- 15.5g (4.4g sugar)
- 600g breast of lamb, boned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 150ml red wine
- 200ml chicken stock, hot
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
For the stuffing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 40g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 75g roasted red peppers in oil, drained and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Make the stuffing. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Tip into a bowl, cool, then stir in the rest of the stuffing ingredients. Season.
- Season the lamb and lay skin-side down. Spread the stuffing over the inside, roll up tightly from 1 short end and secure with string.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the lamb and brown all over for 10 minutes. Put in a roasting tin and roast for 30-40 minutes. Remove from the tin and cover for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour off most of the fat from the tin and put on the hob over a medium-high heat. Stir in the flour, cook for 30 seconds, then stir in the wine and boil to reduce by half. Add the stock and jelly and boil to reduce by half again.
- Slice the lamb and serve with some sauce, a mixed salad and boiled new potatoes, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Summer roast recipes
Thyme roast lamb with lentils, feta, olives and herbs
Make the most of springtime lamb with this Mediterranean-inspired roast recipe.
Wild garlic recipes
Roast leg of lamb with wild garlic, feta and mint stuffing
This roast lamb recipe with garlic, feta and mint stuffing is excellent served with chunky...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...